The increasing use of smartphones and cloud computing, on-line videos, social medias, the Internet of Things, and future self-driving cars, hundreds of megabytes of data are exchanged and stored in data centers through wireless or physical networks every day. These data exchange and transmission tasks rely on a large number of high-speed servers and switch networks in the data centers.
With the increase needs in computing and information exchange, the heat flux and thermal power density of the new generation data center switch chips is even than that of servers’ computing chips (800W, heat source area 44x44mm, Power density >40W/cm²), which surpasses the level of conventional heat pipes or vapor chamber can offer.
For such applications, we propose Loop thermosyphon, which effectively handles the ultra high power density to reduce the temperature of the chips withing the limited space. Loop thermosyphon is made of cladded metal material by brazing process, the concern of conventional water cooling system leakage to cause system damage is minimized.
With superior heat exchange performance the needed air flow rate and power consumption can be significantly reduced.
- Ultra-high heat flux and thermal power density (800W, >40W/cm²)
- Optimal heat exchange efficiency to reduce the necessary amount of cooling air
- The thermal solution needs to be constant and stable to fulfill the operation requirements in data centers.
- Loop thermosyphon to handle the ultra-high power density in the limited space ((800W, heat source area 44x44mm, Power density >40W/cm²))
- Cladded metal material welding production process for long term life and stable quality
- Superior heat exchange efficiency saves the needed air flow rate and energy consumption of the system